Webinar: Setting Up Effective District-Wide Systems to Support Students’ and Educators’ Mental Health Needs during COVID-19
On April 17, 2020 and April 24, 2020, the Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education with its partners—Education Development Center, Transforming Education, and Walker — offered the following webinar geared towards District leaders.
During these uncertain times, students and staff are particularly vulnerable to suffering from high-levels of stress, anxiety, and other mental health challenges. Setting up effective systems of mental health supports can address these heightened needs.
This webinar will provide district leaders with practical guidance on how to put in place effective support systems which include: coordination of virtual SEL and mental health supports through a multi-tiered approach, establishment of online mental health referral systems, and use of technology-based mental health strategies.
- Shai Fuxman, Co-Director, SEL & Mental Health Academy, Education Development Center
- Richard Fournier, Co-Director, SEL & Mental Health Academy, Transforming Education
- Heidi Kar, Violence & Trauma Team Lead, Education Development Center
- Katherine Mague, Vice President, Behavioral Health Network, Consultant, Walker
- Mariangely Solis Cervera, Technical Assistance Specialist, SEL & Mental Health Academy, Transforming Education
- Jariel Vergne, Wraparound Manager, New Bedford Public Schools
- Yolanda Johnson, Executive Officer for Student Services, Springfield Public Schools
- Sara Burd, Director of Social Emotional Learning and Counseling Arlington Public Schools