Webinar: Supporting Students’ SEL and Mental Health Needs in the COVID-19 Era
On March 31st, the SEL and Mental Health Academy team partnered with DESE and Walker to offer a webinar on supporting students' SEL and mental health needs. See below information about the webinar, including recording and slides.
Description: Topics covered included the impact of school closures on students’ mental health, strategies for supporting students virtually, and online resources to help students develop SEL competencies while school is out. The first half of the webinar will include brief presentations from SEL and mental health experts, a review of available resources, and opportunities for participants to ask questions of the presenters. The second half will be a facilitated conversation where participants can express challenges and share additional resources, ideas, and supports with one another.
- Shai Fuxman, Ed.D., Co-Director, SEL & Mental Health Academy, Education Development Center
- Jennifer Myers, MA, LPC, Violence & Trauma Training Development Manager, Education Development Center
- Richard Fournier, Ed.M., Co-Director, SEL & Mental Health Academy, Transforming Education
- Gina Kahn, Ed.D., Director, Safe and Healthy Students Programs, Hampden-Wilbraham Regional School District
- Webinar Recording
- Select segments of the Adobe Connect and Zoom chats
- Question and Answers